Helga Hufflepuff was a sweet and caring women. She and three others formed Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She formed the Hufflepuff house, as her last name is Hufflepuff.
- She was known as a short women, and stumpy. She always had her goblet on her, and wore Yellow and Black robes, as the house Hufflepuff is Yellow and Black.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Helga Hufflepuff was the May 2007 "Wizard of the Month" on J.K. Rowling's website. Both the famous wizard card and the illustration on Rowling's website depict her as a plump woman with red hair.
- While the other founders took students based on either ambition, bravery, or intelligence, the "Good Hufflepuff" took the rest and taught them all she knew, which make a further prove of Hufflepuff's kindness.
- It is theorized that Zacharias Smith is related to Hepzibah Smith and thus is a descendant of Helga Hufflepuff. Although Smith is obviously a very common last name, both Zacharias and Hepzibah are uncommon names of Hebrew origin. It seems unlikely that the two first names are a coincidence. Should Zacharias be truly a descendant of Hufflepuff, this would be an odd irony, as he lacks the loyalty and fair play that Hufflepuff's house commands, despite being in her house. It's possible that Zacharias was only put in Hufflepuff because he lacked the qualities needed for the other houses and going by one of the Sorting Hat's songs, Hufflepuff did take those at Hogwarts who did not meet the needs of the other houses.
- In The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Helga Hufflepuff speaks in a Welsh accent in her portrait on the Forbidden Journey Ride.
- Helga Hufflepuff, most likely got along with Godric Gryffindor the best, considering that he and her shared the same views.
- Helga Hufflepuff probably had a good relationship with Rowena Ravenclaw, considering that they were the only two witches in the four. And they were both nice.
- Helga Hufflepuff probably had an ok, relationship with Salazar Slytherin, considering that he was rude, and she was a caring women.